HMO Plans


HMO Licenses

Our service includes the following:

  • Completing the council property licensing scheme application or renewal on your behalf
  • Contacting, coordinating and booking relevant professional engineers to complete the certified safety checks required
  • Submitting all safety certificates, on your behalf, to the relevant Councils
  • Organising a Fire Risk Assessment for the property to ensure that it complies with local guideline HMO regulations and meets fire regulations
  • Organising the necessary repair, rehabilitation or new works required to comply with the assessments from the Fire Risk Assessors and council compliance officer’s
  • Project managing any works required
  • Liaising with your tenants to ensure any necessary works can be undertaken in a timely manner with the least amount of disruption
  • Responding to council requests for additional information, paperwork or certifications, on your behalf
  • Informed communication to keep you up to date on the progress of your licensing application
Entrepreneur signing documents

Who must apply?

You are responsible for applying for an HMO licence if:

You own or lease a property which meets the HMO definition and you receive rent (either collected directly from the tenants or through an agent) from tenants or licensees. Agents can apply for the licence on behalf of landlords.

Or you receive the ‘rack-rent’ (two-thirds or more of the full net annual value of the rent) from a property which meets the HMO definition. This includes agents who receive the rent from the tenants on behalf of landlords or tenants who sublet.